Group Health Insurance
Cayman First began offering group health insurance in the Cayman Islands in 1999, and is now a major carrier in the local market.
Your well-being and peace of mind are our business, and as such, we provide a wide range of affordable group insurance products that are easy to understand and designed to satisfy your needs so you can relax in the knowledge that you are fully covered.
Additionally, we support your resolution to stay healthy with plan-based wellness programmes developed in co-operation with local health care professionals on a continued basis.
We have partnered with several local providers through our Preferred Provider Network to keep costs to our clients as low as possible.
With our U.S. based Third Party Administrators, Quality Health Management (QHM) we have pre-negotiated discounted rates with health care providers in the U.S, and this mean lower costs to you. Some of our health plans cover 100 per cent of your medical bills for overseas treatment which is paid directly to the providers. On other plans, you only need to pay the coinsurance amount and the balance is billed directly to us.
Through our networks, we provide patient access to over 560,000 health care providers in the USA and worldwide. We also have network providers in Honduras, the UK, the Philippines and Jamaica, which serve a large number of guest workers in the Cayman Islands. The list of providers is continuously being enhanced.
In addition to offering the best in group health insurance coverage to the people of the Cayman Islands, Cayman First also offers:
- Group Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Group Short-Term Disability
- Group Long-Term Disability
Individual Health Insurance
Cayman First offers individual health plans. To be eligible, the customer must not be a member of an existing group policy and our have access to such a group. They will need to submit and return an application for Individual Health Insurance (see forms Below) in order for such a plan to be considered.
The individual health plans are afforded access to the same level of services afforded to our group insurance policy holders.
- Medical Claim (Form GIS20)
- Dental Claim (Form GIS06)
- Vision Claim Form (Form GIS07)
- Continued Insurability Form (Form GIS06)
- Death Claim Form (Form GIS18)
- Death Notification (Form GIS26)
- Proof of Death (Form GIS25)
- Application for Group Insurance (Form GIS01)
- Group Insurance Enrollment Form (Form GIS02)
- Group Insurance Enrollment Form SHIC (Form GIS32)
- Insured Change Request (Form GIS04)
- Pre Determination (Form GIS21)
- Pre Certification Form (Form GIS15)
- Termination Advice Form (Form GLH05)
- Reinstatement Form (Form GIS24)
- Application for Individual Health Insurance (Form GIS03)
- Application for Individual Health SHIC (Form GIS34)
- Conversion to Individual Health Insurance (Form GIS14)
FAQs & Tips