Commercial Property Insurance

Whether you operate a plumbing supply or a restaurant, the one thing all businesses have in common is there is always a possibility of loss, injury or damage which can force them out of business. Proper insurance coverage is as important to the long-term success of your operation as your supply chain and customers.

Cayman First commercial lines provide financial protection against loss of or damage to buildings, equipment, stock, contents caused by fire, lightning, explosion, riot and strike, malicious damage, impact by aircraft road vehicles or animals, burst pipes, flood, hurricane, cyclone, tornado, windstorm, tidal wave and earthquake.


Commercial Motor Insurance

You know you need insurance before you can operate any kind of motor vehicle, not just because it’s the law, but because you also need to protect yourself financially in case of a mishap. We make it easy for you to choose the auto insurance coverage that fits your personal or business requirements.

Commercial and private motor policies provide the liability coverage required under the Road Traffic Law of  The Cayman Islands with respect to the death of, or bodily injury to, third parties.

In addition, the policy covers legal liability for third party property damage and may also cover accidental loss of, or damage to, the motor vehicle as well as bodily injury to passengers in the insured’s vehicle.


Additional Commercial Insurance Products

Computer All Risk

Call this computer insurance made easy. Cayman First offers effective protection for your critical IT infrastructure. It covers all risks of physical loss or damage to computers and consequential loss including costs of re-creating data and increased cost of working.


This policy may be purchased by the person who is the owner and is building (the Principal) or the Contractor who has been hired to build. The policy is designed specifically for buildings during the course of construction. A Contractor may purchase a policy for a specific job/contract or an annual policy is available that would cover various contract sites. The policy has three sections, Material Damage (property), Public Liability and Equipment.

Under the Material Damage section, the policy covers loss or damage to the property caused by one or more of the perils insured. The value or sum insured under this section usually reflects the ‘contract value’ or the replacement cost of the property at completion.

The policy can be extened to cover Contractor Plant and Equipment while used or stored at the contract site.

Public Liability

This covers your legal liability for damage to property and/or injury to visitors at your place of business. Examples include a client suing after he slips and falls while touring your factory or a bystander injured by falling debris during renovations.

Workers Comp

This policy covers both workers’ compensation benefits and employers’ liability. Workers Compensation is a no-fault benefit. That is to say, if an employee is injured on the job, benefits are payable regardless of fault. There are three sections under this policy: 1. Death, 2. Permanent Disablement, 3. Temporary Partial Disablement. Benefit amounts are detailed on the schedule of your policy. Employers Liability addresses the potential exposure of an employer becoming legally liable to an employee for bodily injury and/or property damage.

Business Interruption

A Fire and Perils policy (FAP) provides coverage with respect to physical damage resulting from an insured peril, i.e. hurricane, earthquake, fire etc. This will facilitate the replacement, repair or rebuilding of insured property following a loss. As a result, a business that is properly insured, will be provided with the funds necessary to get the business back into operation after the loss. There are, however, a number of other areas of financial loss which are not covered by the FAP policy, and which are frequently overlooked.

For example, it would be desirable to maintain some or all of the business’ employees. There may be standing charges which the business will still be obliged to cover, such as:

  • Rent or Mortgage
  • Advertising
  • Property or other taxes (e.g. work permit fees)
  • Directors Fees
  • Utility Costs

and such other costs which continue to be incurred even though the business is not operating.

In addition, very dear to shareholders’ hearts is the Profit which would have been made during the period in which the business is not operating.

All of the above can be covered under a Business Interruption (BI) policy.