Motor Engineer – Claims Department
Reporting directly to the Claims Manager, the successful applicant will apply strong interpersonal and up to date technical skills to assist colleagues in a broad spectrum of scenarios, enabling an early resolution when customers’ vehicles are damaged. Working with a range of both internal and external customers, excellent verbal and written skills, along with strong interpersonal and telephone skills are essential. You will effectively manage and control the claims costs associated with repairs undertaken by approved and non-approved repairers, including remote reviews and dealing with any customer complaints, whilst providing an engineering resource to the Claims team and providing outstanding customer service.
- Carry out vehicle inspections to confirm viability of repair, through accurate valuations, control of repair costs and using the correct repair methods.
- Develop effective communication channels with customers, staff and service providers.
- Provide technical support and a quality engineering resource to all customers, and the department.
- Report on and investigate any areas of possible fraud.
- Provide customers with a quality service, in line with the Claims Guiding Principles.