The Rent & Alternative Accommodations provision in your insurance policy should cover any additional living expenses, such as temporary housing, that you incur while your home is being repaired. However, cover is limited to 10% of the sum insured on your building and if applicable, your contents. Your home must be rendered uninhabitable for this provision to apply.